United States
Best Service Manual Source for DIY repairs

Kawasaki Jet Skis - kawasaki 440 jet ski not getting cooling water to the engine.

Forum -> jet skis -> Kawasaki Jet Skis

kawasaki 440 jet ski not getting cooling water to the engine.
by: Mini   on: Friday, April 2 2010 at 10:19:22 EDT

I have a kawasaki 440 jet ski that isn't getting cooling water to the engine. I hear water insi..

by: Mini   on: Friday, April 2 2010 at 10:23:15 CDT

I have a kawasaki 440 jet ski that isn't getting cooling water to the engine. I hear water inside the hull and think the line has broken within the hull between the jet pump fitting and the line that enters the engine compartment.
How can I replace this line through the hull?

by: Bob   on: Friday, April 2 2010 at 14:24:14 CDT

There is a through hull fitting at the front of the pump well area that is accessible from the engine compartment.
The best way to find your leak is to leave the ski strapped to the trailer or tie it to a dock and run the engine and look for the water spray.
Then it is just a case of installing a new line if the old one has split, although that is rare, it is more common to have a line come off, if you are getting water in your hull.
Here is a diagram of the cooling system. Line 33 is your cooling line.

by: Mini   on: Friday, April 2 2010 at 15:10:33 CDT

The problem is not within the engine compartment.
There is a hard line that goes through the sealed hull wall and comes out near the jet pump in the rear that then attaches to the flex line and jet.
The problem is in the solid line that goes through the fixed inear hull wall and snakes back and comes out by the pump.
How do I change this solid line when it appears to be glued or water tight going through the internal walls.
On your drawing its the line between the two flex lines (33 and 32) and the clamps 31,47.

by: Bob   on: Friday, April 2 2010 at 18:11:19 CDT

The gluing or sealing of a new tube is not really a big deal. Assuming you are positive it is leaking in that area, the easiest thing to do would be to seal off the existing line and run a new one alongside of it. Use marine tex to seal the line at the surfaces where it exits the hull on both ends.

The alternative to that is major glass work. You would have to cut out a piece of the fiberglass in the foot tray above the pump, repair/replace the damaged tube, then fiberglass over the cuts in the foot tray and put the mat back down.

Forum -> jet skis -> Kawasaki Jet Skis

Secure Site by Norton Check My Site on ScamAdviser.com