United States
Best Service Manual Source for DIY repairs

Dishwasher machines - IT IS A QUIETSERIES 200 AND MAKES A TERRIBLE GRINDING SOUND RIGHT AT THE START STAGE.

Forum -> appliances -> Dishwasher machines

IT IS A QUIETSERIES 200 AND MAKES A TERRIBLE GRINDING SOUND RIGHT AT THE START STAGE.
by: Mzzt   on: Friday, April 2 2010 at 14:16:19 EDT

IT IS A QUIETSERIES 200 AND MAKES A TERRIBLE GRINDING SOUND RIGHT AT THE START STAGE. NOW DISHE..

by: Mzzt   on: Friday, April 2 2010 at 14:20:46 CDT

IT IS A QUIETSERIES 200 AND MAKES A TERRIBLE GRINDING SOUND RIGHT AT THE START STAGE. NOW DISHES ARE NOT GETTING THROUGHLY CLEANED.

by: Jack   on: Friday, April 2 2010 at 17:21:29 CDT

I am sorry to hear that your quiet series machine is quiet anymore. But seriously the one problem that befalls all dishwashers these days is water leakage and I suspect that is what is wrong with yours. Can you provide the exact model number from the tag just inside the door on the side.
Jack.

by: Mzzt   on: Friday, April 2 2010 at 17:47:51 CDT

Jack
The model number is MDBF750AWQ.

by: Jack   on: Friday, April 2 2010 at 19:49:08 CDT

The first thing that takes place in the cycle is the drain pump starts to run to flush out and water left from the previous cycle. This pump sounds to me like it has something in it or the impeller is broken. You should take it out and inspect it. The part looks like this:
You may have to replace it. But if you don't see anything wrong try reinstalling the pump but don't hook up the wires. Isolate them so they don't touch anything and start the machine then if the noise is not present you have your problem solved. Replace the pump.

by: Mzzt   on: Saturday, April 3 2010 at 12:49:57 CDT

Jack
Is the pump hard to take out?

by: Jack   on: Saturday, April 3 2010 at 15:50:58 CDT

You will probably need to pull to machine out to get to it.

Forum -> appliances -> Dishwasher machines

Secure Site by Norton Check My Site on ScamAdviser.com